New Page 1
- A most dangerous game. It's called the train game. In Colombia, teen-agers
wait on the tracks until they see the train headed their way.
Then, just moments before they are hit, they lie between the rails, letting the
train pass over them.
So far, there have been no reported deaths. But there have been injuries, like
this young man who lost two of his fingers on the tracks.
Local authorities said they plan to start a public health campaign to convince
the daredevils that this is a dangerous sport.
1.tracks /træks/ (n) rails that a
train moves along: đường ray tàu hỏa
- single / double track: đường ray đơn /
- railway tracks: đường sắt =
railroad tracks (tiếng Mỹ)
- to leave the track: trật đường ray
- to be on track 6: ở đường săn ga số 6
- India has thousands of miles of track.
Ấn Độ có hàng ngàn dậm đường sắt
/hedid/ (v) to move towards: chạy
tới, tiến tới, hướng đến
- Where are you heading? Anh đang đi về
= Where are you headed?
- to head north = to move north: đi về
- to head out to sea: ra khơi, hướng ra
3. pass over
/ˈpɑːsəʊvə(r)/ (v) to move past or speed
over: chạy cán qua, chạy lướt qua
/ˈderdevlz/ (n) a person who enjoys
doing dangerous things, in a way that other people may think is stupid:
người không biết sợ, kẻ liều mạng
- a reckless daredevil: kẻ liều lĩnh